CSB2 Sable Island, Nova Scotia, Canada airstrip scenery addition for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
FREE AND EXCLUSIVE TO FLIGHTSIM.TO (If you find this file elsewhere, let me know).
In the default scenery, Sable Island exists but the aviation infrastructure is missing. This scenery adds the operational Sable Island beach airstrip using information from NAV Canada and the Canadian Flight Supplement (expired editions) and the internet. Only default MSFS SDK scenery elements are used.
NOTE the TWO folders.
arh-csb2-sable-apt = contains the CSB2 airstrip, CST5 helipad and all the scenery except landmark locations.
arh-csb2-sable-poi = contains only landmark locations for natural features and points of interest, but no scenery.
Place the folders in your community folder. If you do not wish all the POI showing, do not install the arh-csb2-sable-poi folder. I hope you enjoy the updated area!
You may also wish to filter out POIs on your World Map > Open Filters > Points of Interest (turn them off), and for a full sense of immersion, turn POIs off with your Assistance > Navigation Aids settings (or just do not install the folder arh-csb2-sable-poi ).
The airstrip is starred and located off the east coast of Nova Scotia, CANADA.
* 1500 x 40 feet sand airstrip at 2 feet elevation (CSB2).
- No runway lighting.
- Windsock at centre of the runway, in reality attached to a vehicle so it moves to where the airstrip would be identified each day.
* Helipad at the Main Station with lighting and windsock (CST5).
* Abandoned Helipad east of the Main Station.
* Antennas at various locations on the island.
* Lighting additions at various locations on the island.
* Vehicles at various locations on the island.
* Addition of elevation and some sand dunes.
* Fencing around installations on the island.
* Wild horses at various locations around the island.
Improvements to come:
* Adding shipping in the area.
* Changing textures to better represent the dunes and vegetation of the area.
Location details of the airstrip:
* ICAO: CSB2
* IATA: YSA
* Airstrip location: 43-55-46 N, 59-57-35 W (43.929444, -59.959722)
Location details of the helipad:
* ICAO: CST5
* IATA: ?
* Helipad location: 43-55-59 N, 60-00-20 W (43.933056, -60.005556)
Sable Island is located approximately:
* 177 km south southeast of Canso, Nova Scotia, Canada.
* 218 km south of Fortress of Louisbourg, Nova Scotia, Canada.
* 301 km east southeast of CYHZ Halifax Stanfield International Airport, Nova Scotia, Canada.
* 432 km southwest of St Pierre, St Pierre and Miquelon, France.
* 913 km east of KBOS Boston Logan Airport, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
* 1351 km north of Bermuda.
Sable Island is a remote sandbar in the North Atlantic Ocean, which is a Parks Canada National Park Reserve. It is inhabited by 3 staff all year and increases to around 25 during the summer. It requires permission to visit from Parks Canada. However, in MSFS 2020 you can now fly an aircraft or a helicopter now to visit this remote island.
There are over 350 shipwrecks around the island from 1583 to 1999. Sable Island horses are wild and no one can approach them. Also, tens of thousands of grey seals call the island home.
This airstrip gives a remote location in the northwest Atlantic Ocean to visit.
I hope you enjoy the updated area!
ARH64CDN - contact on www.flightsimulator.com
Sé el primero en comentar.