L'Escoulin Airstrip for MSFS
LFFA in MSFS but known as LF2624
L'Escoulin is an "altisurface" located in France, in the Vercors range (Département de la Drôme), not far from Die.
The airstrip is on the southern face of the mountain, and can be tricky with wind from the north.
It can be very dry in summer.
Pattern is right hand, at 2600ft.
It's a complete rebuilt of the default airfield. I used default assets and the windsock from "Windy Things". You'll need this library to correctly see it then.
The surrounding area has also been edited a bit (vegetation...).
I tried to replicate the specific runway profile as the strip is ending with a 19% slope just before the upper platform.
Delete any previous version then just unzip and drop the folder into your "Community" folder of MSFS.
Make sure you have also those libraries installed:
- "Windy Things" (https://flightsim.to/file/14024/windy-things)
- Dave's 3d people (https://flightsim.to/file/5452/dave-s-3d-people-library)
- Dave's 3d animals (https://flightsim.to/file/6841/dave-s-3d-animals-library)
- Beekay pack1 v5.0 (https://flightsim.to/file/8887/beekay-pack1)
Corrected a bug introduced with v1.1 causing CTD.
Added some people/animals on the scene (third party library)
Removed the Airport Services definition files that caused services to disappear from not only this airfield (as intended) but also all the airports in the region or even worldwide (bug from SU5).
So now you may see marshaller or pushback here even if it's not realistic at all, waiting for this situation to be corrected by Microsoft/Asobo.
Reworked to make it compatible with Sim Update 5
(was about time to go to v1.0 anyway!)
- fixed runway start position (removed the lower one)
- improved vegetation
- replaced the default windsock by the one from "Windy Things" (trfsto)
All work done by SBWorks (Stéphane Beilliard).